The George Washington University (GW) offers a number of student organizations designed to provide support and build community among veterans and military-affiliated students through advocacy, social activities, professional networking, learning opportunities, and other programming.
- GW Veterans: GW Veterans advocates for the academic, professional, and social support for the 1,800+ military-affiliated students enrolled at GW. Membership is open to all students interested in supporting the military community at the GW.
- GW NROTC Students: The George Washington Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) is a unique and exciting experience that adds military training, opportunities and knowledge to the typical undergraduate program. The program is comprised of midshipmen and prior-enlisted Sailors and Marines from GW, Catholic University, Georgetown University and Howard University.
- Friends of Army ROTC: Our mission is to commission cadets as officers in the United States Army. Our goal is to develop cadets as leaders while fostering a strong relationship between GW Army ROTC and students on campus.
- Silver Wings: Silver Wings is a national, co-ed, professional organization dedicated to creating proactive, knowledgeable, and effective civic leaders through community service and education about national defense. It is made up largely of civilians interested in personal development, leadership, service, and support of our military personnel.
- One Mile for Love: Founded by a GW student, One Mile for Love is an organization that raises awareness for the families of ill, injured, and wounded service members. As students, we harness the energy of the youth by involving them in walking one mile for love, to demonstrate that very small acts of giving, can have a substantial impact in inspiring how we care for each other as a society. We raise awareness and funds for Fisher House Foundation, an A+ rated charity that provides lodging for the families of wounded, ill and injured service members while their loved ones are being treated. Participants in One Mile for Love can donate funds, airline miles or hotel points directly to Fisher House Foundation and receive a receipt for their donation.