Using Your Benefits
GW’s Military and Veteran Services is committed to helping military-affiliated students receive financial aid through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are a veteran, active duty service member, or a military-affiliated dependent, you may be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, including:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill ®
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill ®
- Chapter 35: Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) Program
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill ®: Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program or YRP) is a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill ®.
GW certifies GI Bill ® benefits in a two-cycle process. Learn more about our certification process, including how it affects your benefits.
You may also be eligible for a book stipend or tutoring assistance.