Using Your Benefits
GW’s Military and Veteran Services (MVS) is committed to helping military-affiliated students receive VA education benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). If you are a veteran, active duty service member, or a military-affiliated dependent, you may be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, including:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31: Veteran Readiness & Employment
- Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35: Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) Program
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®: Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
GW participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) which is a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
GW certifies GI Bill® benefits in a two-step process. Learn more about our certification process, including how it affects your benefits. You may also be eligible for a book stipend or tutoring assistance.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Click here for more information about VA education benefits.