There are several education benefits that are offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA):
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill: active duty and veterans; not transferable to dependents.
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment: veterans who have at least a 20% disability rating are eligible to apply; however, approval is not guaranteed; up to 48 months of entitlement possible.
- Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill: active duty and veterans may be eligible for up to 36 months of benefit. This benefit may be transferred to qualifying dependents, with restrictions.
- Chapter 35: Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) Program: This benefit is for spouses and children of 100% services-connected disabled veterans or of veterans who died in service; up to 45 months of entitlement are allowed.
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill: Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR): National Guard and Reserves who have completed the initial Active Duty for training and 180 days of service in the Selected Reserves; may be eligible for up to 36 months of benefit.
If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program (also known as Federal Tuition Assistance - FTA). Contact our office for eligibility and enrollment requirements.