Parent Letters

How to obtain a Parent Letter from GW's School Certifying Official:

  1. Speak with your Academic Advisor/Program Director. Make sure the credits you are taking at the other institution will transfer to your degree here at GW. 
  2. Have the Program Director write a letter and sign it on GW letterhead stating: the names of the exact courses to be taken at the other institution; the credits will be applied toward your degree here at GW; your GWID number; and your degree title.
  3. The original copy of the letter must be sent to the GW School Certifying Official at [email protected] before a parent letter can be issued to the new school. 
  4. Provide the contact information for the other school's School Certifying Official.
  5. Once the GW School Certifying Official has written and submitted the letter, the student may request a copy for their records by emailing [email protected].