How to obtain a Parent Letter from GW's School Certifying Official
- Speak with your Academic Advisor/Program Director. Make sure the credits you are taking at the other institution will transfer to your degree here at GW.
- Have the Program Director write a letter and sign it on GW letterhead containing the following information:
- Your name and GWID
- Degree being sought at GW
- Name and address of the guest institution
- Exact course names, credits, and dates to be taken at the guest institution
- Verification that these courses will apply towards graduation requirements of your GW degree
- The original copy of the letter must be sent to the GW School Certifying Official at [email protected] before a parent letter can be issued to the new school.
- Provide the contact information for the other school's School Certifying Official.
- Once the GW School Certifying Official has written and submitted the letter, the student may request a copy for their records by emailing [email protected].
Note: If you are a Yellow Ribbon student, speak with the School Certifying Official at the guest institution to ensure your eligibility to use Yellow Ribbon funds there.