This checklist only applies to those students who have completed at least one full semester at the George Washington University (GW) while using their military education benefits.
NOTE: Returning students need to submit the Request for Certification each semester that they wish to use VA education benefits. If you do not submit this request, we will not bill the VA for your enrollment and you will not be paid.
- At the beginning of each academic year, please submit an updated Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Military and Veteran Services by emailing it to [email protected]. If your COE is more than 2 years old, we cannot certify you until we receive an updated one.
- Register for courses.
- As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete your Request for Certification through the GWeb Info System by going to the Veteran Menu in "Student Records and Registration" and selecting "Veteran Certification Request."
- If you change the number of credits that you have registered for, you will need to resubmit your Request for Certification Form through GWeb.
- If you have changed or declared majors/degrees within the last semester, please inform our office via email at [email protected].
- The university adds a "Voluntary Library Gift" to all student accounts each semester. As this is a voluntary gift, you may "Opt-Out" of it each semester. You have the option of paying this tax-deductible fee or removing it from your account. If you would like to remove it, this can be done through the eBill portal or by emailing [email protected]. This must be done every semester, or the balance created by the fee will be your responsibility.