Resources for Students

The George Washington University has a well developed infrastructure designed to support our entire student body. The GW VALOR initative has brought dozens of offices from all across campus together to specifically serve members of the military and veteran communities. This directory serves as a one stop shop for many of the services that are relevant to our military and veteran communities. 

The Division of Student Affairs is the administrative office that provides the university community with programs and services that support our student body. Their focus areas are organized by Student Success, Student and Parent Engagement, and Wellness, Education and Prevention.


The Office of Military and Veteran Student Services is the office that is responsible for all military and veteran tuition certifications. They are also the office that supports most of the student programming focused on the military and veteran communities. They are co-located within Colonial Central for ease of student services. 


The Center for Student Engagement is the home to all student organizations and student activities on campus. There are over 400 organizations to choose from so feel free to visit the student org directory to learn how to get involved. 


The office of Off-Campus Student Affairs extends community building and learning beyond the campus of the George Washington University by providing resources, services and programs designed to assist and guide students in navigating the process of moving to independent housing options in the community surrounding GW. 



The University Counseling Center (UCC) is GWs primary mental health office located in the Foggy Bottom area. UCC provides mental health counseling in both a 1-1 and in a group setting. The office has walk-in hours from Monday-Friday from 12 pm to 4 pm where students are welcome to speak with clinicians. The office has a specific counselor who has expierence working with students who have a military background so we welcome any student who is in need of services.  The university also has a strong connection with the VA's confidential Veterans Crisis Line which can be reached at 1-800-273-8255. 


Colonial Central is a central service hub for all things related to the registrar, student accounts and financial aid. They can be found on the ground floor of the Marvin Center and are standing ready to assist with any questions or concerns that students may have.