Prospective GW students using VA benefits should follow these steps as they consider and before enrolling at GW:
1. Visit the Dept. of Veteran Affairs’s approved programs, a site entitled WEAMS, to ensure that the program you are interested in has been approved by the State Approving Agency and the VA here.
3. Visit the National Center for Educational Statistics' College Navigator page for detailed information about GW.
4. Visit the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet page to learn more about funding options and to compare colleges and universities.
5. Visit the College Board's "Paying for College" website to compare up to 3 colleges/universities and learn about and compare each institution's financial details.
6. Contact GW's Office of Military and Veteran Services. GW's point of contact for financial or academic counseling, including disability counseling, and GW's student support services is Christian "Mac" Manning. Mr. Manning's contact information is: phone: 202-994-9570 or [email protected].
7. Before enrolling at GW, be sure to contact a GW financial aid advisor for financial aid counseling, including explanation of available financial aid, Title IV funding, the difference between private and federal loans, GW's student loan cohort default rate (CDR), and that students have the right to refuse all or borrow less than the maximum student loan allowed.
Office of Student Financial Assistance
800 21st Street NW
Student Services Hub
Marvin Center Ground Floor
Washington, DC 20052
- VA Chapter Benefits
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Prospective Student Checklists
- Admitted Student Checklists
- Returning Student Checklist
- Guest Student Checklist
- Policies & Processes
- VA Work Study
- Book Stipend