Learning Supplement Stipend
Military and Veteran Services’ Learning Supplement application open annually in the Fall and can be used for the cost of education (tuition, fees, housing, books, or supplies). Awards are automatically applied to the Spring term, but can be applied to either the upcoming Summer or Fall terms in the same calendar year, at the request of the recipient. This award does not automatically renew every year. Students may reapply each year they wish to be reconsidered.
- Enrolled in a GW degree program and attending classes at a rate of pursuit of 3/4 time or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and passing Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Military-Affiliated Students* NOT eligible for Rogers STEM Scholarship, Yellow Ribbon Program, or Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E/Chapter 31).
*Military-Affiliated Students include active duty, veteran, National Guard, Reserves, or the dependent spouse/child of the aforementioned, and ROTC students with a signed contract.
- Qualified students do not need to be using any sort of Department of Veteran Affairs or Department of Defense benefits.
NOTE: Proof of eligibility (redacted DD-214, copy of a valid military ID card, etc.) will be required if not using any GI Bill® Benefits.
- Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be reviewed based on both the content and grammar of the essay and resume.
- Undergraduate and graduate students will not be reviewed against each other.
- Recipients will be notified by email in late Fall.
If you have any additional questions, please email [email protected]
Each student should submit a resume and answer two essay questions (350-500 word limit per essay).
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Click here for more information about education benefits offered by VA.