Guest Student Checklist

Guest Students, students not matriculating at the George Washington University, should follow this checklist.

1. Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Military and Veteran Services by emailing it to [email protected].

2. Obtain a Parent Letter from your home school's School Certifying Official. The parent letter must be printed on official letterhead and signed, and must contain the following information:

Student name;

Student ID from Parent School;

Exact courses being taken at GW;

Statement from School Certifying Official that the credits being taken at GW will apply to the guest student's degree at the parent school.

3. Scan Parent Letter and send to [email protected].

4. Register for courses.

5. As soon as you register for courses, be sure to complete your Request for Certification through the GWeb Information System by going to the Veteran Menu in "Student Records and Registration" and selecting "Veteran Certification Request." Or, you can fill out a paper Request for Certification Form and submit it to our office as a scanned document by emailing it to [email protected].

6. Once the Parent Letter is received by the GW School Certifying Official, you have registered for courses, and you have requested certification, Military and Veteran Services will certify the your guest student enrollment to the VA.

Please note that guest students are not eligible to receive Yellow Ribbon funds from GW.